March 26, 2020
This is our FINAL recap for medical mnemonics as we finish off the best practices for memory palaces and mistakes to be aware of. With an organized structure, we can create very elaborate and dense palaces. Alternatively, with less structure, we can create visual mnemonic associations more quickly.
There are many strategies to utilize when it comes to creating our own personalized visual markers. As it is a creative process, there is no right or wrong answer. Similar to much of learning, it all comes down to what works best for you. This comes from experimentation, education, and consistency. So study smart and remember longer with these key points of memory palace creation for medical students!
Key Episode Points!
1:45 Begin at the Beginning- Organizing and Structuring Your Memory Palace
14:30 Using Spaced-repetition & Adding Linking Markers to Visual Mnemonics
19:50 Advanced Techniques- Hyperlinking, PAO, Memory Cities, Mind Forests
23:26 Avoid Pitfalls- Negative Self Talk, Density of Visuals, Limited Memory Palaces, and MORE!
38:08 To Tech or Not to Tech & Information Overload
For a complete list of episodes, visit our Podcast page. The interviews mentioned in this episode include:
2. Memory Palaces basics w/ Mullen Memory’s Alex Mullen & Cathy Chen
3. Advanced Memory Techniques with Mullen Memory
6. Memory Training and Emotional Intelligence for Test Preparation with Howard Berg- Part 2
8. Memory and Mental Health with the Magnetic Memory Method's Dr. Anthony Metivier
9. Guide to Memory Palaces with the Magnetic Memory Method & Anthony Metivier- Part 2
12. Medical Mnemonics and Spacing Effect with Osmosis Leader Dr. Yifan Xiao
19. Memory Palaces, Spaced Repetition, and Yoda from Ryan Orwig of STATmed Learning Part 2
20. Themes and Organization of Medical Memory Palaces with a Master of Memory Timothy Moser
26. School Success and Productivity with Memory Athlete Brad Zupp
30. Atomic Memory Techniques from Memory Athlete Daniel Kilov
33. Developing Advanced Memory Techniques with Dr. Lev Goldentouch of KeyToStudy (Part 1)
Join our next Medical Mnemonist Meetup (the page will be updated when the new meetup is scheduled)! Also, keep track of our Online Medical Education Summit page. When it is finalized this is where you will be able to register for your FREE ticket!
If you would like to learn more about these topics, check out Read This Before Medical School or sign up for a Consultation/Tutoring session with Chase DiMarco!
Like our sister organization, FindARotation on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn. Save FindARotation.com to your browser and check back every few weeks for the platform launch!